From:
Joann Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:03:09 -0500
Request for Proposals

Introduction

The Upstate History Alliance is a museum service organization based in
Oneonta, New York. Our mission is to build the capacity of upstate
history organizations to use history to engage the public in shaping
their communities. Our activities, programs and services are geared
towards fulfilling the following goals:

*	Ensuring that our constituents understand, embrace and aspire towards
a set of standards and best practices
*	Providing tools for constituents to present the full diversity of
their communities, past and present
*	Facilitating the use and sharing of resources and expertise to
strengthen all upstate history organizations
*	Achieving a broader understanding of the value of history

Project Description

In accordance with our mission to strengthen upstate history
organizations, UHA has received funding from the New York State Council
on the Arts to hire a computer consultant to design a web-based online
learning course. The site must include the following components:

•	Live chat capability in order to conduct one, one-hour class each week

•	A page for posting messages regarding syllabi, readings, and course
assignments

•	A digital drop box into which students can drop assignments

•	In addition, course instructors must be able to easily provide
information to students using this web-based system.

The consultant will be expected to attend two meetings at the UHA
headquarters in Oneonta, New York and be available via telephone and
email for revisions, additions, and site maintenance throughout the
term of the project (March-December 2005).

UHA will provide:

•	Costs associated with web site registration and hosting
•	Reimbursement of travel costs incurred and documented for two
meetings in Oneonta, New York

The consultant is responsible for:

•	Personal hardware and software required to design the project,
including telephone and internet costs
•	All federal, state, and local taxes.

The site must be completed by July 31, 2005
Proposals

Proposals must include:

•	A cover letter briefly explaining the consultant's experience with
similar projects
•	Addresses of web sites designed by consultant
•	A recent resume
•	Names and contact information of three professional references
•	An estimate of costs

Project compensation will not exceed $6,300.

Submission

Send proposals to:

Linda Norris
Upstate History Alliance
11 Ford Avenue
Oneonta, NY  13820

Questions about the project or proposals should be directed to
Linda Norris
(800) 895-1648

Deadline:

The deadline for proposals is Friday, February 25, 2005.
Announcement of the award will be made by March 15, 2005.