From:
Robert West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 10:11:16 -0500
Markus,

We should have seen you at the AAM's technology in museums seminar.  Your
voice would have been welcome.  Apart from those institutions connected to
universities, expect the field to move very slowly into cyberspace. Museums,
esp art museums, have been temples to art so long they are hesitant to move
out outside the parameters of their columns.  There are some legitimate
concerns, re intellectual ownership, etc., that have yet to be addressed, but
no concerns are large enuff to prevent entry now.
Mid-sized museums can esp benefit.  We are working hard and fast on new tech
issues. For example: we have downloaded images onto the local net here in a
program called Roadside Gallery.  We saw 250 users in the month, many are
probably first-time "visitors" to the Mint. We look forward to this future.

Robert West
Mint Museum of Art
Charlotte NC