From:
"Mary L. Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:18:53 -0600
The Canon EOS Digital Rebel 300D does have a multiplication factor but
their "basic" lens starts at 18 so it is equivalent to a 24-28mm lems. It
has the older features of the film Canons with programming, apature or
time prefered exposures, but also the auto features people love in the
point-and-shoot digitals. I also love the bulb feature which allows for
time exposures built in up to 30 sec.. for low lighting or longer if
needed.

As a free-lance photographer in my non-museum hours, I bit the bullet in
October and bought it. I am delighted with it for both museum purposes
and elsewhere. Fine images have up to 4 MB of data (listed as large for
the number of pixels), but you can set it for 2MB or 1MB images. I
usually go with the large.

The local newspaper has come to like the images enough  that a few times
they have asked me to cover an event "with your better camera." They have
an Olympus that does up to 4 MB.

I have not yet loaded images into PastPerfect that I have made of items
in the collection but I plan to start soon.

Mary L. Kirby
Historic Upshur Museum

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!