From:
Dennis Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 22:06:33 GMT
MARSHAM ([log in to unmask]) writes:
> We have in our collections a blue glass fire extinquisher bottle.  The
> bottle is rounded, fluted with a fairly long neck with a stopper.   The
> questions we have are, how was it used?  Was it thrown at the fire?  And
> what liquid is in the bottle?  Any assistance is gratefully accepted.
> Thanks.

        YOW!...this sounds like carbon tetrachloride...nasty stuff!  Do
NOT pull the stopper on this one.  Yes, the flask was thrown at the fire
and broken.  The carbon tet suffocated the flames.
Dennis Lloyd.

--
Dennis Lloyd                    Charter Member       | *  *  *
[log in to unmask]       The Lighten Up Club  |   WE