From:
Helen Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:30:34 -0800
At 8:26 AM -0800 1/17/97, Andree M. Mey wrote:
>We are looking to computerize our membership information.  (We
>have approximately 1300 members.) What kind of software
>are other institutions, with similar membership, using?
>Is there software out there that people really like or
>are we better off getting something off the shelf and
>customizing it ourselves?

In the Hallmark Society, we use FileMaker Pro. It has far more features
than we will ever need and is very easy to learn. According to power users,
it is a dynamite programme for them as well.

We formerly used FoxPro, but found it much to difficult to teach to our
volunteers. FileMaker Pro is easy to learn, easy to set up and easy to
teach to others. It certainly gets my vote!

Helen Edwards,  Victoria, B.C. Canada
Owner, Bed Buddies - Toy makers
Past-president, Hallmark Society...Director, Heritage Society of B.C.
e-mail: [log in to unmask]