Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 12:56:57 +0000
Could anyone give me suggestions on how to hang 2-D work in a way
that would deter or prevent theft?  I work at an art gallery on a
CSU campus that displays art in high-access public areas.
Currently, we are securing the works to the wall with an additional
wire that loops the hanging wire of the framed work with an
eye-screw which is screwed into the wall.  This has proven to deter
theft because it takes atleast a minute to manipulate the wire in
order to release the piece from the wall.  However, if someone is
equipped with wire cutters, they could remove the work in a matter
of seconds.  Because our shows run for approximately a month each,
we need to have a fairly easy and simple way of securing these works
to the wall, but I'm afraid that we are compromising the safety of
the works for timeliness of installment.

If you have any suggestions, please e-mail my personal address.

Thank you.
Deborah Bain
The Student Center Art Gallery
San Francisco State University