From:
Yves Sévigny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:02:37 -0500
You have to be careful with site-licensing for movies. You may get a license
from one of the distributors listed by Suzanne Lambert in a previous reply
but if you charge an extra for viewing the movie, you may also have to get a
"theatre" license for commercial viewing. And you have to account for the
fact that you may me be considered as a movie theatre and you will have to
pay amusement (or whatever wording used in your area) taxes.

Site-license can take many forms. It could be from only one showing a day to
as many showing as you want.

Usually, a good license agreement with a reliable and legitimate distributor
with let you screen most of the movies available on the market without any
problem... if you don't charge extra.

In Canada, there's only two majors distributors:
Audio Cine Film www.acf-film.com
Criterion pictures www.criterionpic.com

Yves

***************

We are looking at starting a movie night.  Can some of you that have done
these in the past tell me some of the pitfalls you have had in developing a
night like this?  I am also wondering about copyright issues, by showing a
movie to the public for a price.  Is that a huge problem and if so how do
you
make it ok.

If you want tell me about some of your success to.

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).