From:
"Kevin W. Tucker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 14:48:05 GMT
In article <"d00p.Yh000000000*"@MHS>, [log in to unmask] wrote:
{snip}
  We were
>told by Willoughby that we needed the Windows version of Snap!, which
>they were in the process of developing.  We ordered this version last
>March and were told it would be ready by July.
>
>Well, we have yet to get delivery on this software!  They will not
>return our phone calls.  Has anyone else been having this problem?
>Has anyone else used Snap! in either the DOS or Windows version?

Amy:

The Columbia Museum of Art is also "upgrading" to the Windows/MS Access
(networked) version of SNAP! after having used the DOS/Q&A (single-user)
version for almost two years.  After placing a substantial deposit for data
entry nearly nine months ago (with Willougby's RAPIDS service), and after
dealing with their mis-scheduling problems, we still await completion of the
data entry phase of this project - hopefully to be completed in March of this
year with installation of Win/SNAP! soon thereafter...

Considering the old version's limitations as a flat-file system, it was still
a good basic database template for (small) collections management in a
single-user environment.  In addition, I was very pleased with their technical
support (although some will certainly offer a different opinion here) for the
DOS version.

I would also be very interested in hearing from those institutions which are
presently using the Windows version...

Kevin W. Tucker                       Columbia Museum of Art
Assistant Curator of Decorative Arts  1112 Bull Street
[log in to unmask]                      Columbia, SC  29201 USA
                                      803-799-2810 (tel)
http://www.scsn.net/users/cma         803-343-2150 (fax)