From:
Montserrat Pin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:34:51 -0800
In a general way, if photography is authorized by our Director,
the Ministry of Education and Culture orders a general charge
 of 20000 pesetas / photo (taxes not
included), whose use is limited to that the Director authorized and
should be stated on
an Agreement signed by both parts. Of course, if the Director finds it
necessary,  further negotiations can be opened.
Anyhow, we can provide of high quality transparencies to rent, also
with limits to their use to that authorized.
Hope you find this useful.  For a more detailed information, do not hesitate
to contact us.  And if you write down a paper, we'd love to have a copy, as we
find this subject very interesting.
Thank you.
Montserrat B. Pin
Servicio Comercial

Museo Nacional del Prado
Claudio Coello, 73 - 3
E-28001 Madrid
Tel.: + 34 1 3302892; Fax:  + 34 1 3302890
E-mail:  serv.comercial_prado.mcu.es
WWW site:  http://www.mcu.es/prado

----------
Hi All,

What are your policies regarding photographers taking pictures in the museum
halls for commerical purposes -- or potential commerical use such as stock
photo agencies?  If they apply to your museum for permission, how do you
charge, if at all?

If possible in your reponse, carbon copy my Museum address, I don't subscribe
to Museum-L at the Museum.  (I know, I know...sounds strange)

-Nina Cummings-

The Field Museum // Photography Department
<cummings'fmppr.fmnh.org>