From:
Mark Vang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 15:57:57 UT
Anita,

Not sure if this will help, but this is what Gray's Anatomy has to say about
the Cornea...

"The eyeball measures rather more in its transverse and antero-posterior
diametors than in its vertical diameter, the former amounting to nearly an
inch, the latter to about nine-tenths of an inch." ... "The Cornea is the
projecting transparent part of the external tunic of the eyeball, and forms
the anterior sixth of the globe."

Of course there is a lot more than that... I would assume that the dimensions
vary in individuals.  If no-one can give you specific measurements, I would
give the folks at Carolina Biological a call.  They make all sorts of
anatomical models and perhaps someone there could help you.  Of course, this
next idea is so obvious as to be ridiculous... why not give your opthomolagist
a call.  I'm sure that s/he would be very helpful.

        Mark C. Vang : Freya Ventures : (757) 340-0099
                2100 Mediterranean Ave. Suite 15
                   Virginia Beach, VA 23451
>   [log in to unmask]    :    [log in to unmask]      <
* Interactive touch screen exhibit software/systems and exhibit  *
* technology integration for Museums, Science Centers, Aquariums *

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:05:30 -0800
From:    Anita Llewellyn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Need some info from you science types!

Can anyone tell me the width or diameter of a human cornea cell?
How about the width of the tip of a straight pin?!

Yes, I really do need this information! Thanks for your help in advance
Anita

Anita B. Llewellyn
Exhibit Writer and Researcher
The Tech Museum of Innovation