From:
Valerie Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:51:30 -0600
Hello everyone,

I am new to this list but was hoping for some help in the way of writing a
very basic collections management policy.  I am working as a student
curator for Garnet Ghost Town this summer, not of museum caliber in any
sense, and the policy isn't meant to be as all-encompassing as the other
museum collections management policies that I've read. Very basic handling
issues are the most important things to be addressed: pick up one artifact
or box at a time, be gentle, etc., to be written for employees with no real
experience with cultural resources or museum standards.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an outline, or what kinds of issues
need to be addressed? Or maybe someone out there has experience writing
such a policy for another ghost town? Perhaps it would be better to write
me off-list emails, and if anyone is interested in the results, I will post
them when I'm done.

Thanks for your time,

Valerie Schafer

Garnet Ghost Town