From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:18:11 -0400
For what it's worth, have you ever seen IBM "advertise" for a CEO or VP at a
salary range (negotiable based on KSAs) of between $1,250,000 and
$18,000,000 excluding options, bonuses and perquisities?

Have you ever seen the White House advertise for ANY of its employees?

Have you ever seen advertisements that specify a salary range for a
particular job (as required by policy, state regs, whatever) only to find
that the state, the museum, or someone has dictated that only the entry
salary can actually be offered?

Do you know of people who have accepted positions not just for the
compensation, but because of the quality of the museum, its location, its
potential, etc.?