From:
John Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:33:56 -0500
Hi,

I've checked the listserv archives, local glass vendors, and plastics
websites and haven't found an answer to this question. I want to block
both UV and visible light in our 1839 Greek Revival mansion (and have
decided to use plexi sheets inside the window frames rather than film) -
does anyone make plexiglas that combines both filters? Or do I need to
buy one type of sheeting (UF-3, or tinted for visible filtering) and
apply another type of film to it, to get the whole protection? If that's
the case, which is better - applying UV film to a tinted plexi, or
applying tinted film to UV plexi? These filters are for transom and
sidelight windows in two large hallways,where it's impractical to hang
curtains or otherwise cut down the visible light.

Thanks!
John Marks
Curator
Geneva (NY) Historical Society