From:
mia reinoso genoni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:30:34 -0400
This may be too tangential, but I recently bought a book at International
Center for Photography in Manhattan called Crime Album Stories: Paris
1886-1902, by Eugenia Parry (Zurich/Berlin/NY: Scalo, 2000).  Parry found an
album in a Paris antique shop that had photos documenting murders committed
in Paris between 1886 - 1902, taken by the chief officer investigating the
crimes.  Parry blends the facts he unearthed with her fiction and writes the
25 stories contained in this book.  The work is very richly illustrated with
these photos.

mia