From:
Wendy Claire Jessup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:06:21 -0400
Dr. Lorance:

The United States Committee of the International Council of Monuments and
Sites (US/ICOMOS) has a number of scientific committees, including cultural
tourism committee and historic towns and villages that have been working on
issues of site preservation and use.  They may be able to point you to
relevant examples and sites.  The URL is http://www.icomos.org/usicomos/
The 10 International US/ICOMOS Symposium will be held in April 2007 on
Heritage Tourism in San Francisco. The speakers may be able to provide you
with relevant examples.

Hope this helps.

Wendy Jessup
Principal Conservator