From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:40:49 -0500
Hi--

        Historic Crab Orchard Museum, Tazewell, Va. has crazy quilts from ca.
1870-90 in its collection, locally made, and exhibits one at a time on a
rotating schedule in the context of our permanent exhibit on the settlement
of this part of Appalachia.  We have a larger collection of antique woven
coverlets, made by pioneering women who sheared the sheep, prepared the
wool, made up the dyes from natural materials, and worked their hand looms
to create beautiful patterns for their family heirlooms.  These have all
come to us directly from their family of origin in the last three years.

Ross Weeks Jr.