From:
Carol Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:13:31 -0700
I will be teaching a course on copyright to contemporary visual artists.
The course is entitled "Who has the Right?" and will exploring issues of
appropriation, responsibility, ownership, reproduction, digitisation, etc.
I have previously taught museum studies students and some of  my readings
and case studies are inappropriate.    I have found some excellent and
relevant  readings but I am particularly interested in case studies that
address issues around copyright and  contemporary art.    The artists taking
this course are unschooled in this area and yet are taking the course
because they  know they need to get a  grip on this  subject.

Any suggestions of good case studies would be most appreciated.

This is probably peripheral to most m-l'ers interest so please reply off list.

Many thanks

Carol E. Mayer