From:
Margaret Bullock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:14:07 -0800
I'm doing some research on the kinds of materials used to control humidity
levels within individual object cases, large diorama-type cases and museum
galleries.  I know that silica gel in various forms has often been the
material of choice in the past for controlling humidity in cases, but am
wondering whether there are newer materials that are now being used?  And
does anyone have an HVAC or other system that dehumidifies the air through
the use of a silica or other chemical filter rather than using cooling and
condensation?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Margaret Bullock