From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 1994 18:38:50 -0500
Jane Glaser wrote:

>I would very much like to see your summary of responses to your
>question on hiring practices in museums.

I was planning to work on it this weekend. Though the responses
were very interesting and helpful there weren't a great many so
I'll put out another request to cyberspace:

The New York University Museum Studies Association is planning a
"Career Day" in the near future and we would like to have input
from the museum professionals on the list as to what they look
for when hiring in their respective fields (besides shined shoes
and a positive outlook, though that's what got me where I am!).
Our students are destined for all kinds of institutions in all
kinds of positions so any information will be helpful. We also
have many students from foreign countries so those with experience
outside North America, particularly Brazil, France, Spain, Taiwan
or Japan, are especially encouraged to reply.

I will post a summary to the list by Monday, I promise.

Robbin Murphy
Vice President, NYU/MSA