From:
Adriaan Linters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:26:53 -0400
Sorry, but there is an enormous difference between a 'Freilichtmuseum'
(Open Air Museum) and an Ecomuseum.  Please have a look at the archives of
this list - we already had a couple of discussions on this topic. And
please read the literature on ecomuseums as it was posted to Museum-L
recently.
The best source of the 'ideology' of ecomuseums has always been the
'Fédération des Ecomusées et des Musées de Société' in France (the last
address I have of them is: 4 square Castan, F-25031 Besançon cedex, tel.
+33.3.81832255, fax +33.3.81810892 (no email available - my record dates
from early 1997).
There is a record on the 'Ecomusée de la Région Fourmies Trélon' at
http://eur-heritage.com, where they explain to some extend the aims and the
contect of an ecomuseum. Their director Marc Goujard always has been in the
frontlines of the ecomuseum movement ant he certainly will be deligted to
give you all the information you need.

Greetings,

Adriaan Linters

---------------------------------------

At 09:59 27/04/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Have a look the homepage of German Ecomuseums ("Freilichtmuseen").
>http://webmuseen.de/Museen/Freilicht.html
>(at the moment it does not work.)
>
>or search for "Freilichtmuseum" (in Museum/Stichwort)  at the end of the
>page
>http://webmuseen.de/Museen/
>
>As far as I know there are two German Ecomuseums having English
>weg-Pages
>http://www.fh-trier.de/fb/bw/ri/rhof
>http://www.freilichtmuseum.de
>
>Helge

Adriaan LINTERS
scientific director
Conservare nv The European Heritage Forum
Vlamingstraat 4
B-8560    Wevelgem
Flanders - Belgium
tel.(+32)56.253373
fax (+32)56.417636

The European Heritage website http://eur-heritage.com is now under
construction and testing
We hope to have it's first phase fully operational early May
Send us your comments !
And please feel free to ask for your registration forms.