From:
Greg Scheib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:48:25 -0400
In Alburquerque (old spelling) to see:  New Mexico Museum of Natural
History, Maxwell Museum of Anthropology at the UNM campus, The Alburquerque
Museum, Old Town, Petroglyph Nat. Park on the West Mesa, and the new
Aquarium/Botanical Park. Alburquerque Zoo is fun too.  Also, visit the
Nature Center (right on the Rio Grande).  Take a drive up Central Avenue
(Old Rt. 66) -- you can still see the old motels, etc.  Also, the tram ride
up to the top (10K ft.) of the Sandia Mts. (east of Alburquerque) is fun and
you get an amazing 360 degree view.

For food in Duke City, try El Pinto (up on 12th Street), and Monroe's down
on Loma/Central Blvd (cheap and good).  Right by the University on Central
is the Frontier Restaraunt a not to be missed dining experience (go for
breakfast).

If you HAVE to go to Santa Fe,instead of going up I-25, drive up through the
Jemez Mountains (Rt. 4?), you can stop at the Soda Dam, Bandalier Nat. Mon.
(cliff dwellings) and Los Alamos, amomg others.  A really lovely drive!

There's about a zillion other places, but I'll leave that to my friends back
in NM.

Enjoy the trip!

At 09:52 AM 8/4/97 GMT, Dill, Christopher L wrote:
>     I'm planning a visit to Albuquerque (and maybe Santa
>     Fe) over the Labor Day weekend (Aug. 29-Sept. 3).
>     Having never been there, any advice from the list about
>     cultural events, museums, ethnic restaurants which I
>     shouldn't miss would be appreciated.  Feel free to
>     respond off-list.
>
>     TIA.   Chris Dill
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>C. L. Dill, Museum Director
>State Historical Society of North Dakota
>612 East Boulevard
>Bismarck  ND  58505-0830
>P: (701)328-2666
>F: (701)328-3710