From:
Amalyah Keshet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 22:44:19 PDT
Essential reading on the subject:  Umberto Eco's "Travels in
Hyperreality." Especially for our California museum colleagues...
-------------------------------------
amalyah keshet
director, visual resources, the israel museum, jerusalem
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
date: 05/24/96

-------------------------------------
On Fri, 24 May 1996 09:37:53 -0700  Jennifer wrote:
>Dear Everyone,
>
>read a good article by Pearce & Moscardo who do a lot of
phsychological
>research in the area of tourism and heritage.(A little on the older
side
>now but still a good study). One in particular focussed on the
concept of
>`authenticity'. It gave evidence to support that although
`authenticity'