From:
"Perez, Adrian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:36:31 -0600
Good People:

My department, which conducts classes (grades K-12) both on and off site, is
beginning the process of self-evaluation to determine the effectiveness of
our programming.  Due to budgetary constraints we cannot currently afford to
hire an outside consultant and so are developing this self-evaluation
in-house.  Eventually we would like to hire an outside firm to participate
but for now we are fumbling ahead using our instincts and crossed fingers as
guides.  We have an excellent person within our organization who is guiding
us, but I also wanted to send out an information request to fellow listers.

For those of you who have educational programs (heck, ANY kind of program)
and have evaluated/are evaluating/will evaluate them, i humbly pose these
questions:

* What kind of programming do you do?

* Do you perform any evaluations of said programming?

*Was your evaluation developed from an outside contractor or internally?

*How long has the evaluation been in progress (or will it be in progress)?

*What types of methods are being utilized to perform the evaluation?

As I would like to develop a dialogue with respondents, please reply to me
directly.  Thanks in advance to everyone.  Believe me, any information no
matter how orbital/tangential would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Adrian

Adrian Perez
Manager of School and Outreach Programs