From:
Sharon Koomler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 20:06:52 CDT
EDIS Curatorial <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>     Does anyone know of an approved-by-conservators method to clean salt
>     stains off varnished historic wood floors?

I wait, too for the answer to this question as we have the same
problem at times, but we have tried more recently to avoid salt on the
floors by using sand or plain kitty litter instead.  It provides the
traction you need to avoid the falls, and is easier to clean up.

anyone have other ideas?

Sharon Duane Koomler
Director of Education
Shaker Museum at South Union, KY
(502) 542-7734
e-mail [log in to unmask]

"The attainments of tomorrow are dependent on the efforts of today,
and are related to them as the blossom is to the bud,
and the fruit to the blossom."

                                  Eldress Catherine Allen, Mt. Lebanon