From:
Susan Hazan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:16:35 +0200
Apologies for cross-posting...

This is a request for help to museum website managers.
Please respond off-list to [log in to unmask]

I am researching the impact on new media in the museum and am interested in
the quantitative correlation between website visits and real visitors.

I would be grateful if you would share with me your statistics for the year
2004 on annual number of  Real Visitors to your museum and the annual
number of Web Visits of the same year.

Please indicated whether you measure your web visits by Visits, Hits, or
Page Views.

The Visits report reveals the total number of times that people have
visited your web site during the selected report period.

The Hits report shows the number of requests for files­or "hits"­logged
during the selected report period. A hit is a request to your web server
for a file such as a web page, image, CGI, header request, etc.

The Page Views report shows the total number of web site pages that have
been viewed during the selected report period.

With thanks

Susan Hazan

Susan Hazan

Curator of New Media
New Media Unit
Computer and Information Systems
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
http://www.imj.org.il
Tel: +972-2-6708066
Fax: +972-2-6708077
Mobile: +972-55-550686

No trees were killed in the creation of this message
However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced