From:
SF Gray <"azstarnet.com --or-- SFGray"@JUNO.COM>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:27:50 -0700
Our policy is that anything designated as "archival" or "artifact" is to
be handled only while wearing white cotton (museum-issued) gloves.  We
believe that even washed hands can be a potential problem.  First, they
still have the oils and acids that can cause deterioration, and, second,
the water that you use to wash them may be acidic or alkaline and the
soap that you use may have residue.

SF Gray
Executive Director
390th Memorial Museum Foundation