From:
"Paul Apodaca." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 1994 21:30:06 -0800
Why somebody joins or leaves the list is a personal decision that may or
may not have proper discussion value. If you leave a seminar audience you
don't have to tell anyone at the door why you left though the organizers
might like to know. With the robust numbers signed on to this list I don't
think the listowner is worried about losing an audience. Charles Desmarais
is reflecting his own expectations of the list and I think he has a right
to them though I enjoy the present format. Everyone probably has slightly
differing reasons for downloading so much mail. Discussions can change in
direction but I agree that it reveals new thoughts and perspectives. I have
enjoyed the poetry as much as the discussions and the pure information has
been invaluable (Anita's book lists, etc.).

The volume is my only concern and I agree a chat list might lessen that.

Paul Apodaca
Bowers Museum