From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:20:14 -0400
David -- the Dresden scrap thing was pretty hot then -- they could be either
purchased or homemade. These are charming little lithographed die cuts -- or
cut outs from postcards or advertising, the kind of thing you see in
scrapbooks of the period. There was a lot of wool or cotton batting used,
and metallic scraps of garland...and all kinds of non Christmas themes too!
What's neat about these is that you COULD make them, and even do a make and
take kinda thing for the public. Germany was the place of origin for most,
if not all of this Xmas stuff during that time.
Candace Perry