From:
Simon John Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:18:22 +0000
I accept previous responses  that are of the opinion that art is
a celebration of human achievement indeed I wholeheartedly agree with
this viewpoint, but how far do you feel our moral obligations to a
creator should go when their work is being exhibited. Do we have a
responsibility to interpret the work in the manner the artist
intended, if indeed we are aware of what this is. Should museum
visitors be left to interpret a piece of work using their own
judgement ie without the influence of museum interpretations. If a
museum official feels that a particular piece of work is below par
should this influence their decision whether or not to display it,
and should their opinions be passed on to the viewing public