From:
"B. Scherting" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 14:39:01 -0500
We are considering using the Nova Jet digital printing process to produce
object ID and interpretative labels for a permanent bird exhibition.  I
have seen this product used for temporary exhibits and would like to know
if anyone knows of museums that have used Nova Jet prints in more
permanent exhibit situations?

Our reason for considering this method of label production is cost and
flexibility.  We are looking for ease of changing labels to accommodate
our future understanding of evolution and ecological issues.

All labels will be mounted to an aluminum substrate using a luster UV
protective over-laminate.  The labels will be inside exhibit cases under
40 watt florescent bulbs that will also have UV blocking filters on them.
Can anyone offer information about the UV sensitivity and chemical
stability of Nova Jet digital prints?

Bruce Scherting, designer
University of Iowa
Museum of Natural History