From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 11:05:53 -0700
Hi, Nancy --

David's suggestion of National Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame in St. Louis would be a good one, except their web site notes:

The Museum closed its St. Louis location on November 8, 2008 in order to facilitate its move to the International Bowling Campus in Arlington, Texas. We anticipate the opening of the new Museum in early 2010.

You might want to try this organization, which was once located in Milwaukee County, but has also relocated to Arlington.  Here's a description from wikipedia:

The United States Bowling Congress is a sports membership organization dedicated to Ten-pin bowling in the United States of America. It was formed by a merger of the American Bowling Congress, Women's International Bowling Congress, Young American Bowling Alliance, and USA Bowling in 2005. The USBC's headquarters are located in Arlington, Texas, after having moved from the Milwaukee suburb of Greendale, Wisconsin in November, 2008. The move enabled the USBC to combine its operations with the Bowling Proprietors Association of America (BPAA).[1]

I looked at their web site http://www.bowl.com/ and didn't see any indication they run a museum at present but perhaps they could direct you to an appropriate place for the set of pins.

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI