From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:21:18 +0100
\On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Jim Lyons wrote:

> >As long as we're talking about theft of work, a tenured professor with
> >many years of teaching experience has taken several portions of my Web
> >sites without my permission and added them to his/her site as if composed
> >by him/her.
> >        Any ideas of how to handle this??
> >
> >        Adrienne DeAngelis
>
> ===================

Speaking as another tenured Professor (!! - & I don't think it's me,
though I have properly attributed LINKS - which are very different) this
is almost certainly contrary to his/her University's web policy, and may
even have much more serious legal and ethical implications - e.g. if he's
passing this off as his own research and publication work for purposes of
annual appraisal.

Consequently, you ought to send BY RECORDED/REGISTERED MAIL a formal
complaint to the Head of the University/College concerned, as well as  a
copy to the Web Manager.

Patrick Boylan