From:
Lenora Henson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:34:31 -0400
I've been using PastPerfect for 10+ years and have always been right at the

front of the line for upgrades, but the fact that 5.0 does not support the

Scatter/Gather function is also a major negative for us.  Although I would

love to have all of the new features in 5.0, without Scatter/Gather, the

upgrade is not a realistic option in our situation.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Lenora M. Henson

Curator - Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS

641 Delaware Avenue

Buffalo, NY  14202

Phone: (716) 884-0095 x14

Fax: (716) 884-0330

www.TRSite.org

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

             Michael Reuter

             <MReuter@MILWAUKE

             EHISTORY.NET>                                              To

             Sent by: Museum           [log in to unmask]

             discussion list                                            cc

             SE.LSOFT.COM>                                         Subject

                                       Re: [MUSEUM-L] PastPerfect Upgrade

             11/03/2010 03:42

             PM

             Please respond to

             Museum discussion

                   list

               SE.LSOFT.COM>

As of now, I am leery of getting the upgrade, only because 5.0 does not

support the Scatter/Gather option.  I have half our of permanent

collections, which are larger items, located at our off-site storage

facility that does not and will not be getting an internet connection.  I

am in the process of figuring out what my other options are.

I would say however, that if you have facilities that use a hard wired

network, then the upgrade would be well worth it.

Mike Reuter

Curator/Registrar

Milwaukee County Historical Society