From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:22:54 -0500
This may still be a little far/expensive for you, but the University of
Victoria in British Columbia offers a Cultural Resource Management Program
leading to a diploma in Cultural Conservation. CRM is actually somewhat of
a misnomer, because, at least where I am, we use that term to mean
anthropologists/archaeologists working with a masters degree on
preservation issues--but this seems to be very oriented towards museums.
They have weekend immersion courses, which are taught by some of the
biggest "names" (there was one by Stephen Weil, and Kersti Krug, who I
personally admire although probably not that many of you know who she is)
in the field, and distance education.  They advertise a lot of those
immersion courses here--I would suggest searching the archives and trying
to find the person on Museum-L from that program.

<A HREF=http://www.uvcs.uvic.ca/crmp/>their website</A>

Hope this helps!
Kathy Mancuso