From:
"Hugh H. Genoways" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:27:20 -0500
For those interested in Program Evaluation, you should get a copy of the
following book:

        Practical Evaluation Guide: Tools for Museums and Other Informal
Educational Settings,   by Judy Diamond.  Published in 1999 by AltaMira
Press.  ISBN 0-7619-8039-0.

I think that you will find it to be instructive and user friendly.

Sincerely,
Hugh

>I am currently developing an evaluation process for a new program. The
>program is a series of professional development seminars for emerging
>artists culminating with an exhibition and catalog. For future planning as
>well as funding purposes, we would like the participants to be evaluating
>the process continuously as opposed to at the end of the program. The twelve
>weekly seminars begin this month, and the exhibition is in March so timely
>response is important.
>
>We've started with a short survey with room for comments, to be completed at
>the end of each session, but it needs some work. The issue that I'm most
>concerned with is the ability to use the information after the program has
>concluded.
>
>If anyone has any suggestions, I would truly appreciate it.
>
>You may respond off list to [log in to unmask]  Thanks in advance!
>
>Shana O'Hara
>Gallery Manager
>Aljira, a Center for Contemporary Art

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ museum-l.html. You may obtain
>detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line
>e-mail message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message
>should read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hugh H. Genoways

Professor
University of Nebraska State Museum, and
School of Natural Resource Sciences
W436 Nebraska Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE   68588-0514
Voice:  no telephone
FAX  (402)  472-8949

Chair and Professor
Museum Studies Program
307 Morrill Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0356
Voice: 402-472-2012

Email:  [log in to unmask]  (NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS)

Museum-L" (without the quotes).