From:
"Craig d`Arcy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:38:24 GMT
Michael,

Though I have to agree that Pointe-a-Calliere is phenomenal, I have some
problems with calling it a great design; perhaps an over-design. Besides
the fact that the excavated area is often regarded as a bit "sparse"
(not by me, I like sparse when the artifacts tell their own story) I was
a bit taken aback when I found a label, a very expensive label,
identifying an archaeological remanant, in both official languages no
less, as a "Pillier/Pillar.  It pointed down at what was, well, a
pillar.  Estimated cost of the label, $300.

That's OK, but the next label, 30 feet further along, identified (what
else?) a Pilier/Pillar.  I think we got it the first time.

Oh well.  My candidate for best designed museum; Head-Smashed-In Buffalo
Jump, near Fort MacLeod, Alberta.

Regards,
Craig