From:
Guzel duChateau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:52:11 +0000
--Please excuse the cross-posting--

There are only four days left to register at a discounted rate for the AAM 2015 Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo (http://aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting) in Atlanta, April 26-29.

Get Inspired! This year, we're excited to present Johnnetta B. Cole, executive director, National Museum of African Art, as our keynote speaker. We'll also be featuring primatologist Frans B.M. de Waal and poet and author Pearl Cleage as our Big Idea Speakers. Learn about these speakers and our new MuseumTALKS presenters in the Featured Speakers section of our site (http://aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/program/keynote-and-big-idea-speakers) .

Get Savvy! Discover the newest innovations/solutions for museums and the latest products and services available to the field in our MuseumExpo: http://www.aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/museumexpo/museumexpo-attendee-information

And don't forget to purchase tickets  (http://aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/program/purchase-tickets) to our events and tours. Event ticket sales close March 27 and no tickets will be sold onsite.

Register today: http://aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/register

Just Added Events

Day Tour: Ocmulgee National Monument (http://www.aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/program/sessions-and-events?ID=3188)
Wednesday, April 29, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.

Join us on a day tour to Ocmulgee National Monument near Macon, Georgia. Ocmulgee National Monument preserves an area that has documented use since the Ice Age. Archaeological work done in the 1930s found this continuum of use from the Ice Age mammoth hunters to historic Muscogee (Creek) settlements. The Monument's Superintendent will discuss the park's cooperation with 12 affiliated Tribes on various projects including the current museum that was completed in 2009.

Museums Care: Atlanta (http://www.aam-us.org/events/annual-meeting/program/museum-cares-atlanta)
Wednesday, April 29, 12:30-3:30 p.m.

Join us for an afternoon of school beautification at Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School. Volunteers will work alongside students on various projects inside and outside the school. Projects will include designing and installing mosaic tiles, painting a mural in the gym, and cleaning up outside area of the school.

Want to give back, but can't participate? We also will be running a school supplies drive during the conference.

--
Guzel duChateau
Assistant Director, Strategic Communications

American Alliance of Museums
1575 Eye Street N.W., Suite 400  . Washington, D.C. 20005
www.aam-us.org