From:
Andrea Morrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 12:15:39 -0500
Good Afternoon,
        There has much discussion on the list about what kind of educational
background will be beneficial for particular positions and advice about
interviewing and getting jobs.  Some comments touched on resume content and
trying to give your resume more punch.  I am reworking my resume now and
though there are resume advice sections on websites, I am hoping that some
of you that actually review resumes can give me some advice.  I graduated
from undergrad in 1997 and received my masters in 2000.  This past year I
have had an internship in museum education.  Currently I am filling in for a
woman on maternity leave as a temporary manager.  I still have an "academic
honors" section on my resume.  The resume is 2 pages so I am not worried
about using that space for something better, but I would like to know if
this section seems odd for someone who has not JUST graduated.  Two of the
awards that I list are relevant to art history - an award for excellence and
promise in art history and selection to a study abroad program focused on
art history- but I also include "Dean's List."  I would appreciate any
advice regarding the appropriateness of these inclusions at this point in my
career and/or  pros and cons for the inclusion or removal.  Please feel free
to apply off-list to [log in to unmask]
Thank you in advance for any thoughts!
Sincerely,
Andrea M. Morrill

Andrea M. Morrill
Temporary Manager of Family Programs and Art Camps
Family and Community Programs
Dallas Museum of Art