From:
"HARVEY DAVID ... COLLECTIONS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:27:43 -0400
Last year we moved into a brand-new collections & conservation building. We have a compact shelved storage space which was built and installed by Crystallization's.  The system is elegant, lightweight, and has the smoothest mechanical movement of any system I have ever seen.  Our curators love it because there are glass doors which seal-out dust but allow for a quick visual inspection of the objects.  Anyone who is interested in seeing our new facility in Williamsburg is welcome to do so - contact either Margie Gill (registrar), one of the curators, or Carey Howlett (Manager of Conservation).  The new conservation labs are wonderful too - but that is fodder for another topic!

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Associate Conservator,