From:
Tim Schildberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:59:24 -0400
Hi All,

Thanks to those who posted requested more information. I'm happy to explain!
I am a writer/producer, and I run a small TV production company. I also write a weekly column for an Australian newspaper - I'm an Australian based in Los Angeles.
As part of my job, I pitch TV series to various cable channels here in the USA. I am very interested in putting together a series about the world of the museum artifacts that aren't on public display. I find the museum world fascinating, and challenging, and I'm hoping to compile enough information at this stage to present a submission or 'pitch' to two TV channels.
My background is diverse - from serious journalism to TV commercials. But I can assure you with this project it's crucial I present accurate information. I'm seeking to enhance the reputation of museums, by revealing just a little of the incredible archive of artifacts not currently on show.
Angela - I would never ask you to choose among your children! So maybe just a short list of some of your visually interesting children...rather than your favorite. Maybe an artifact too fragile to go on public display, or something that hasn't been seen for a while for one reason or another.
Paul - I hope this helps - and I'm more than happy to provide any additional information. If you look on my website's 'portfolio' section, you'll also see I developed a public art concept called 'The Mirror Project' along with all my other activities. Sharing accurate, interesting information is important to me, and drives most of my work.
The TV series process is difficult - it begins with a pitch, and then a lot more talking, followed hopefully by some funding to film a pilot, and then...fingers crossed we get a series commissioned. I believe in learning as much as I can about a subject before moving forward - which is why I posted here - to seek advice from people with much more knowledge than I - before presenting this idea.

Thanks, Tim