From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 14:46:54 -0400
Hi Lee,

I would advise against exposing these conserved pages to excessive heat.

There are alternative lights sources that can be used that are far
cooler and the photographger can simply reset his film type and/or
color balance to compensate - or they can go to a flash unit that will
minimize both heat and light exposure to the book.

If you can find out the name of the conservator who did the original
treatment you should contact them for advice. There are also several
very qualified book and paper conservators in North Carolina. You can
go to www.aic.stanford.edu and use the free  guide for conservation
services to locate qualified conservators in your area.

Cheers
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator