From:
michael zaidman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 18:31:26 -0600
I am a graduate student researching the topic of underdrawings of
panel paintings.  I would like any thoughts on what the importance of
undrawings are?  Of how are underdrawings of value to art historians
other than that the drawing shows where the artist had originally
intended to put the subject, but than the painting displays the
changes of the artist's intentions?

Any thoughts on this matter-

Michael Zaidman