From:
Mark Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 18:32:40 CDT
Regarding web sites, their creating and management:

I am the registrar at the Plains Art Museum, a mid-sized art museum located
in Fargo, ND.  We just recently got a web site up and running about three
months ago.  The museum knew it had become a necessity, but no one really
had any time, and to farm it out was WAY to expensive.

Our administrative assistant took it upon herself to do it.  She purchased a
few books, taught herself, and within a few weeks had a fully operable web
page on line!  The web page is a great design, even for a professional web
designer, and the fact that the web designer was inexperienced makes it that
much more impressive.

As far as maintenance and management of the site, the admin. asst. also does
that.  When new information presents itself, those responsible will either
take the requisite digital photos themselves and provide the necessary
information or let the admin. asst. know.  Either way the information is
updated.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off list.

M.Ryan
Registrar
Plains Art Museum