From:
Linda Nakamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:31:12 PST
Shall we also remember that the Iraqi National Museum was plundered and burned
in January 1991 at the beginning of the Gulf War by Iranian army troops.  The
Museum included the only full-scale orginal sailing ship from the third century
AD known to exist in the Arab world.  The Museum also lost thousands of blown
glass objects, written sacred texts, and hundreds of jewelry items--again most
dating from the first millenium.

Linda Nakamura
Museum of Ophthalmology
San Francisco