From:
Carol Kocian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:58:51 -0000
     As a reenactor who makes her own clothing, I understand this as well.
What's wrong with having one of the gunslingers be the model?  The artist can
change the way the person looks in the painting if necessary.

     Some reenactors are willing to loan clothing if they can be on site to
control the use - make sure it's put on the right sized body, for example.  If
the loaner is knowledgeable, they can also advise the correct way to wear the
garments, such as the way to tie a scarf or the right way a belt would sit.  If
you're willing to flatter someone's expertise and allow them to help, you may
have more success in having them loan an outfit.

     Also, a reenactor may have a better idea of period posture and gestures
than a model who does not regularly dress for that time period.

     -Carol