From:
Julie Fix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:56:44 -0400
Apologies to the Museum-L list. I know there is no salary listed here,
but I'm just posting it for my boss. Please feel free to cross-post

Job Search Re-opened for Membership Manager at The Civil War Trust:

The Civil War Trust (CWT) is the largest Civil War organization in the
United States with a membership in excess of 24,000.  The mission of the
Trust is to promote the appreciation and stewardship of our nation's
historical, cultural and environmental heritage through preservation of
significant Civil War battlefields and supporting preservation and
education programs.  This is a dynamic position with great opportunities
for growth.  The Civil War Trust is located at Courthouse Metro in
Arlington, Virginia, just across the river from Washington, D.C.

Primary Responsibilities:
1.      Develop, implement, and manage all aspects of The CWT's
membership effort, including direct mail acquisition, contribution and
renewal campaigns, member service and retention, database management and
major donor programs
2.      Prepare and administer membership program budget
3.      Coordinate vendor contracts and services
4.      Correspond with members directly in response to queries and
indirectly through regular website and newsletter articles
5.      Administer CWT's participation in the Combined Federal Campaign
6.      Develop and administer membership tour program
7.      Promote CWT affinity credit card program
8.      Implement membership survey
9.      Coordinate matching gifts and gift membership programs
10.     Work with President and CWT staff in development and
implementation of new programs and projects

Skills & Characteristics:
1.      3 years of progressively more responsible membership experience
2.      Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
3.      Ability to simultaneously coordinate and handle a diversity of
tasks
4.      Excellent organizational skills
5.      Computer literacy and experience with the Internet
6.      Ability to work well both independently and with other CWT staff
members
7.      Interest in Civil War history or preservation

Education:
1.      Bachelor's degree required.

Compensation & Benefits:
1.      Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
2.      Competitive benefits program including health, dental, pension
and 403b

Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary
requirements to:
Membership Manager Search
21010 Wilson Blvd.
Suite 1120
Arlington, VA 22201
FAX: 703-516-4947

The Civil War Trust is an equal opportunity employer.   Please do not
respond by phone or e-mail.  For further information on the Trust please
visit our website at www.CivilWar.org.

Julie Fix
The Civil War Trust
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1120