From:
Mike Reuter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2012 09:06:16 -0600
Jacqueline:

I agree with all past posts that obtaining a copy of The Participatory Museum by Nina is a great start to integrate participatory experiences in a cost effective way. At the Lincoln-Tallman House, in Janesville, WI, I am striving to create a more participatory environment that includes a "touch-all" room, in which visitors can interact with virtually every object there, including furniture, clothing, and other objects.

I am also instituting a calendar of "life events", similar to the funeral that Alison referred to. Weddings, courting events, and daily life events are all be recreated by docents or volunteers that portray historic figures that have been connected to the house and the community.

The success of these all depend on funds, staff, and timeline.

Best of luck!

Mike Reuter
Rock County Historical Society

Sent from my iPad