From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2008 18:00:45 -0700
Actually, I did this fairly recently.   The previous
director hired someone to be an office assistant.
After two years of trying to make it work, it was
clear that it wasn't necessary but an additional aide
was.  The person in the position was a nice person who
was willing to help with unrelated tasks, but there
wasn't enough work for which she was hired to do, or
that she had the aptitude or willingness to do (is
that vague enough?); and she didn't want to be an
aide.  I talked several times to her about the
situation, to my Board, the Borough Manager (the
Borough gives us an annual appropriation to help pay
personnel costs), and the Borough Employees' Union.
It was perfectly legal.  We parted friends and she is
able to collect unemployment.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Director