From:
Chris Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:39:23 -0400
Nancy Johnson wrote:

>I am the new executive director of a small childrens museum and
>need to put together a fundraising campaign for this fall. Does anyone have
>any materials or information that might be helpful to me?  I know that
>there are several books available through AYM, but we are on a very limited
>budget.  I have contacted the libraries in our local area and they don't
>have any of the resources...so any help is appreciated.

For a very good, very inexpensive resource on the topic, try a booklet
called "Quest for Funds Revisited: A Fund-Raising Starter Kit," published
by the National Trust for Historic Preservation (Information Booklet #75).
Equally good on both the philosophy and techniques of fundraising, and only
about $5 or so.  You can get their address and phone number, etc. at
www.nthp.org

Chris Landry