From:
Kristen Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 16:00:20 -0700
Dear List,

We have a security policy that requires backpacks and water bottles
to be checked when visitors arrive. Like most museums, photography is
okay in our galleries, except for special exhibitions.

How do you convey this to international travelers? We have signage in
English to help enforce this policy, as well as great guard staff
that effectively convey this to English speaking visitors.

Does your signage have photos or pictures to help this along for
non-English speaking visitors? If you have multi-language signage to
do this, how many languages have you chosen? (Two Chinese dialects,
Japanese, Spanish, French...) How many is too many? Is there such a
thing as too many, becoming ineffective?

Sincerely,
Kristen
--
Kristen L. Olson